Monday, April 16, 2012

I'll Be Your Hucklebeary!



This weekend, Brandon and I got to go to Island Park and stay in a cabin! Eagle Ridge Ranch was giving 40% off to Melaleuca employees for the month of April, so we jumped at the opportunity, We had such a fun time just spending time together and being able to relax and just lounge around. We took Brandon's car and, while it got very dirty and he got kind of depressed taking his brand new car through the mud, it was a good thing we took his because we probably would have gotten stuck in my civic.
On Saturday, we went to West Yellowstone to look around, but also on a mission to find a movie that we could watch that night on the little 19 inch TV that there was at the cabin. We got to walk around all the little shops and tried to look for a movie theater to maybe actually see a movie instead because, well, this town didn't have much. It is so interesting to me to think about how people live in small towns like those. I'm not saying it is a horrible thing, by any means, it is probably wonderful, but I think that I would have a hard time, especially since a majority of the shops there are closed from like October to May for the winter (and I thought that Rexburg was small).
As we were walking, in one of the windows of a T-shirt shop, I saw a shirt that said D.A.D.D (Dads against daughters dating). I told Brandon that we HAD to get that for his dad, because Brandon's sister's are turning 16 in a month and dating is pretty much all that is talked about over there. We got it for him and I was so excited to give it to him. We also stopped by the Wolves and Bears reserve gift shop. Tickets were too expensive but while we were looking around I found the CUTEST pajama bottoms that have little bears on them with their hands up and purple berries in their mouths with the saying "I'll be your Hucklebeary" all over them! I LOVE them. I got those too, although I think they may have been the cost of at least one ticket into the reserve :p. We ate lunch at a yummy Chinese restaurant and then looked again for a movie to buy, failing. We finally got in the gar and filled up on gas, asking the cashier at the gas station where we could buy a movie, he said that people really only rent around there, but right as we were leaving he thought of a place that MIGHT sell movies (yes this town was that small). We went to the collection of approximately 8 movies to sell and just picked one, then we headed home to have a yummy steak dinner on the barbecue. We spent the rest of a relaxing day eating dinner, going in the very warm Jacuzzi, and eating Oreos and milk while watching our stinkin movie that we searched everywhere for. Just as a side note, Brandon was looking through the binder that the place had of everything that that campsite offered, and they had movie rentals for $2 :0. It pays to actually READ the books and fliers they give you. Sunday morning we had yummy waffles and bacon, packed up, and headed home.
On the way back I told Brandon to be prepared for never seeing me this next couple of weeks. This week I have a two day training for work, and then my boss expects us to still schedule all of our visits and PSR clients, so I have 55 hours this week alone, not including the three clients I had to give to my co worker. I was worried about getting hours before...now I have TOO many!!! Then next week I leave for California Friday and get back Monday, so I have to fit in all of my clients on the days that I am here. But, California will be a nice mini vacation to spend some time with my family. I will miss my hubby though. It is going to be an interesting few weeks, thats all I have to say!!!




Brandon's poor car...


On a side note, we got some new estimates on what it will cost to build a fence for our yard...HOLY MOLY!!!! Like 9 grand. Who thought a yard would ever cost as much as it is going to. I also got new pictures since they leveled the yard. I realized I haven't put any up yet so here are some of the inside as well :)




Guest Bedroom/Current Animal Room

Master Bedroom

Basement

No comments:

Post a Comment