Thursday, August 18, 2011

Our last couple weeks...

So our adventures in California during the Summer of 2011 are coming to an end (back to Idaho on the 23rd to finish school), but they aren't quite over yet...

-First of all, I got my ring back! I LOVE it with the three bands. My husband spoils me way too much!

-We also got the Civic's windows tinted yesterday. It looks so hot!

My family has a tradition to go to the lake every year! It has been this way ever since we got our boat in like 2000...so a long time. This was Brandon's first year coming along, and this was my first time in a couple of years, because I have been up at school. So right after going to Vegas, we were on our way again! We got there on Wednesday night and had a fun time just relaxing and swimming at the pool. Thursday and Friday we were out on the lake a large majority of the day. Here are a few of our fun activities!


(I love his face in this picture. He is so focused. I have such a cute husband :))



Ok this next group of photos my mom got and I thought it was so funny.
I'm riding along..and I decide, Ok I am gonna do the 360..ready, set, go!


180, almost there! Wait...I can't grab the rope!

Coming back around...

Water up the nose...

Brandon decided to do a little cliff jumping with Casey. I chickened out this trip.


Of course Casey had to "ruin" the trip by spraining his ankle wake boarding on Friday. He had to use a wheel chair and crutches the rest of the time. I love our family! You can almost always count on some kind of injury. Haha.
On Saturday, we went to the Hoover Dam and got to see the new bridge they put up. It is really cool. I can't help but wonder if the "dam wall" (hehe) would make a fun water slide...a little steep maybe, but wouldn't it be fun?


We had an awesome time! I love the lake...but to be honest, I don't know how I feel about the 115 degree weather! I was kind of happy to be back to Glendora at 90 :)
We went to the beach today one last time and spent pretty much the entire time in the water or on the rocks! It was really fun and relaxing. It's kind of really depressing that I won't be able to go to the beach for a long time, not gonna lie.
We have one more trip this weekend to a family reunion in Visalia, CA for my grandma Clarke's side of the family. It has been just a crazy month of August. Party all the time. That's how we roll!

PS- In case anyone wants to see...this is a video of my sister taken at the beach...SO FUNNY...

video

1 comment:

  1. what a great vacation, looks like a lot of fun!! It was good to see Brandon up on the wake board. Have him tell you about his first experience water skiing... not so successful.....but entertaining :)

    ReplyDelete